Do you enjoy making stuff at home? If you love creating arts and crafts, why not sell your crafted products online? If you’re looking to make a little extra cash, craft items to make at home and sell!
Here are some ideas to get you started
5 Craft items to make at home and sell
- Gift wrap – It is easy to make, and it can be colorful or simple. You can also sell gift wrap in bulk.
- Customized stationery – Many people enjoy personalized stationery, whether it be for themselves or as gifts for others. Creating personalized stationery can be a craft to sell – whether you’re a freelance artist or an in-house stationery designer.
- There are a few things you’ll need to get started:
- Stationery supplies, such as paper, pens, and inks
- A design or template to start with
- Patience and a good eye for detail
- Once you have all of the supplies, it’s time to get started!
- There are a few things you’ll need to get started:
- Home decor items – There are so many different things that you can sell as home decor items and craft items! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Customized pillows – This is a great way to add a little personality to your home and make a little extra money. You can offer custom designs or colors, and charge a fee for the customization.
- Candles: Not only are candles great for adding a touch of elegance to a room, but you can also make a little extra money selling them. Try setting up a candle stand in your home and charging a small fee for each candle.
- Artwork: Whether you’re a professional artist
- Other home decor items such as curtains, table cloth and even hanging lanterns.
All of these items can be made out of a variety of materials, including fabric, felt, paper, and straw. You can also use a variety of techniques, such as sewing, quilting, and crocheting.
When selling your home decor items, be sure to price them accordingly. You don’t want to charge too much, but you also don’t want to sell them for too little. Try to find a price that is fair for both you and your customers.
There are all sorts of souvenir items that can be crafted and sold. From keychains and magnets to T-shirts and hats, just about anything can be turned into a souvenir. And, as with most crafts, there are endless possibilities for customization and personalization.
One option for souvenir crafting is to create a themed set. For example, a set of magnets depicting different landmarks from a particular city or state. Or, a set of keychains featuring different animals from a particular region.
Another option is to create one-of-a-kind items specifically for the tourist trade. This could include things like personalized T-shirts, embroidered hats, or even hand-carved wooden animals.
Whatever option you choose, be sure to think about what will appeal to tourists and what will be easy to ship. Keep in mind too that souvenir items don’t have to be limited to physical objects. Digital downloads (like images or fonts) can also make great souvenirs.
- Wine charms
Looking for a unique and fun way to show your love of wine? Check out wine charms! These charms can be attached to wine glasses, making them easy to identify and adding a touch of personality to your drinking experience. You can find wine charms in a variety of shapes and colors, so you can find the perfect set to match your personality and style.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft to sell, wine charms are a great option. They’re perfect for wine lovers of all ages, and they make a great addition to any party or get-together. You can find a variety of wine charm sets online, or you can create your own designs.
You can also customize items such as pet, children and birthday gifts. How about keychains, bookmarks, magnets, photo frames, greeting cards, pet bowls and even tea! More examples of craft items that can be made and sold include bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and wallets. These items can be made from simple materials, such as beads, wire, and fabric, or they can be more complex, such as bracelets made from different types of beads and charms.
There are indeed many crafts items to make at home and sell, the possibilities are endless!
Some tips for making and selling craft items at home include choosing materials that are popular with customers, choosing designs that are popular, and pricing items appropriately – research what other sellers are charging for similar items. Next, ensure you have the supplies you need to produce your items. This includes everything from materials and tools to packaging and shipping supplies. Additionally, make sure your items are well-made and look professional. This means taking the time to make sure your items are neat and tidy, and that the finished product looks like something you would be proud to sell. Then keep track of your expenses, including the cost of materials and the time you spend making your items. Lastly, it can be helpful to develop a marketing plan for selling craft items such as setting up a social media following to promote your items.
Now when you’re ready to sell, there two main ways to start selling your products online:
- Sell your products through a marketplace like Etsy.
- Create an online store using a platform such as Shopify.
Having said that, you could sell through both platforms with Shopify’s Etsy integration.
Whatever you love to create and whether you start on a marketplace such as Etsy or create your own branded site, selling homemade or your handcrafted items is a terrific way to share your passion with others while also making money. Just be cautious of rules that apply to things that customers swallow or apply to their skin.
The best part is – the craft items to make at home and sell idea is not difficult at all! And when you are ready to move up and scale your business, you can set up a process and onboard new staff to help with production.